Eurovision Song Contest Drinking Game
As modified by Shaun and Bryan (16/5/01)
For those that are unaware, the night comes in two main stages:
the performances and the judging (or voting). Everyone has to
drink during the performance section, the judging section is
where you get to find out how wise a choice your country was.
Yes, i know there are a lot of rules. Most will never be invoked
so they are just there for fun (and to catch people out). The
most important section is Your Country - make sure you
know these rules!
- Drink two fingers... Performances
- Drink two fingers... Judging
- Your Country
- Note that some of the performance rules apply here.
- Drain your glass...
- Cyprus gives Greece 12 points.
- Every time Norway gives Sweden any points and vice-versa.
- France gives United Kingdom null point.
- Acts where the lead singer is attractive and receive high (8+) points and the act is crap.
- Surprising voting - you judge what's surprising!
- A question about Israel's presence.
- Politically-related effects during the act (eg. Croatian singer removing black gown to reveal white dress signifying "coming out of the darkness and into the light").
- Acts are on their mobile phone to their family during voting. Increase to a whopping four fingers if they're on the phone during their act.
Each of the 23 countries votes (and a country cannot vote for
itself). Votes can be 12,10,9...2 or 1 - and the country
with the most votes after everyone has voted is the winner
of the contest. So here we go:
- Drink two fingers when your country receives or
casts votes for tactical reasons (eg Norway and Sweden)
- Drink two fingers if your country scores above 8 or below 3
points in a round
- Drink four fingers if your country scores 12 or 0 points
in a round
- Drain your glass if your country scores 0 in three
Drain your glass...
- If your own country comes first.
- If Greece gives Turkey any points then stop drinking!. This is very unlikely to happen so you must be veeeeeery drunk at this time. GO TO BED.
- Germany's song does not mention peace, harmony or love...
- If there are any black performers from Scandanavian countries
- If any performer wears a cape